Undelete Files from Formatted NTFS Drive

Windows operating system uses hierarchical structures i.e., file system for data organization on hard drive. NTFS i.e., New Technology File System is an advanced and latest file system launched by Microsoft in Windows NT 3.1 in the year 1993. NTFS file system was implemented in Microsoft Windows NT, Windows Vista, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows 7 operating systems. It has several advantages over FAT (File Allocation Table) file system such as it supports large partitions and powerful storage solution such as RAID, ability to encrypt files and folders to protect your data, supports file-level security, compression, and auditing and many more features that are advanced. NTFS partition is divided into two parts: The first 12% of the partition are assigned to MFT (Meta File Table) area, where metafiles grows and data recording is not possible. The rest 88% of the disks represent space for files storage.

Download - Windows Buy - Windows

Download - Mac Buy - Mac

Windows operating system supports two types of partitions i.e., FAT32 and NTFS. Partitioning is done to utilize the disk space efficiently and to boost the system performance. NTFS partitions are more reliable compared to FAT partitions. The partitions can be easily resized with the help of some third party application. Sometimes if you have unintentionally formatted the NTFS partition then you suffer from data loss as the complete data in the partition is deleted. In order to undelete files from formatted NTFS partition you need to make use of appropriate partition recovery software.

Some of the prominent reasons that contribute to data loss from the NTFS partitions are due to deleting the partitions by mistake while removing the unwanted partition from the drive. If the NTFS system files are corrupted or damaged by getting infected from some harmful malware or virus then it results in data loss and inaccessibility. If the partition table of NTFS file system that holds the critical information about partitions, including name, size, the start and end point and other partition related important information. If this gets corrupted then you suffer from major data loss and inaccessibility.

To overcome loss, you should take appropriate corrective measures to recover your NTFS partition by having a copy of files as backup. However, if you are unable to do so then you should use third-party NTFS partition recovery software to efficiently and safely recover NTFS partition. NTFS data recovery tool supports NTFS and NTFS5 file systems, and is compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, Server 2003,server 2008. Follow the link to get back lost images from SanDisk SD card & also find missing files from SD cards of different brands such as Sony, Transcend, HP, Lexar, etc. Not only SD card it can also help you to get back missing files from CF, XD, memory stick, USB drives, etc. You can even retrieve files lost from dead hard disk with the help of this reliable software. It is able to recover lost NTFS partitions, lost data from formatted NTFS volumes, and data that are no longer present on the hard drive. By using this software, you are able to recover files accidentally deleted from laptop hard drive. Go to https://www.myundelete.com/undelete-laptop-hard-disk-data.html to know the recovery process

Download - Windows Buy - Windows

Download - Mac Buy - Mac

Follow the steps given below to undelete files from formatted NTFS drive: 

Step 1: Download and install the demo version of Data Recovery Software. Select “Recover Partitions / Drives” option from the main screen. Then select “Formatted / Reformatted Recovery” option to recover data from the formatted NTFS drive as shown in Figure A

Formatted ntfs drive - Main Screen

Figure A : Main Screen

Step 2: The next window displays the logical and physical drives, select the logical drive from which you need to recover deleted files from NTFS drive as shown in Figure B and click on “Next”.

undelete files from formatted ntfs drive - Select Drive

Figure B: Select Drive

Step 3:Once you click  on “Next” option, the software starts scanning the drive to recover deleted or lost files. Once the scanning is completed you can view recovered data using “Data View” or “File Type View” as shown in Figure C.

Hard Drive Recovery - Recovered Files

Figure C : Recovered Files

Step 4:The software has “Preview” option, from which you can preview recovered files before saving it as shown in Figure D.

ntfs data recovery after formatting - Preview Recovered Files

Figure D : Preview Recovered Files

Download - Windows Buy - Windows

Download - Mac Buy - Mac

For Leopard (10.5) and
Snow Leopard (10.6) Users

Download - Mac

For Lion (10.7) and
Mountain Lion (10.8) Users

Download - Mac