HFS is a file system specially designed and developed for floppy and hard disk by Apple Inc. which stands for Hierarchy File System. HFS is developed to replace Macintosh File System on Mac OS an also referred as Mac OS standard. Like other file system, it also contains metadata about files and folder but it uses B-Tree structure to store metadata. Partitioning has many benefits
like it allows you to separate program files and user files. By partitioning, you can use multiple OS on single system and format any partition without affecting other partition
However, HFS partition may get deleted or lost from Mac hard drive due to some known or unknown reasons. As partition holds large amount of data which makes it necessary to perform HFS partition recovery after deletion or loss. If you are facing problem with data loss from HFS partition then you can get rid of such disaster by employing My Undelete software which is an ideal solution to recover deleted HFS partition with ease. Besides deleted HFS partition recovery, this utility can be utilized to recover data from corrupted and formatted hard drive of various brands such as SanDisk, Dell, Toshiba, Lacie and so on. So, you can opt this software for data recovery from Lacie external hard drive as well as to retrieve files from other branded HDDs.
Reasons behind deletion of HFS Partition
- Interruption While Partitioning: There is inbuilt partitioning tool on Mac to partition hard disk. But any interruption while partitioning may lead to deletion of whole partitions and lead to large data loss.
- Unreliable Third Party Tool: Beside inbuilt partitioning tool there are third party partitioning tools, but using any unreliable tool may lead to deletion of HFS partitions.
- Frequently Shutting Down of System: Frequently shutting down of system due to any reason may lead corruption of partitions and make them inaccessible. As a result data store in partitions will not be longer accessible.
These are the causes behind deletion of HFS partition on Mac machine. But, besides these scenarios you can also data from your Mac HFS partition due to other reasons as listed below:
- Accidental Format: Sometime user may format another HFS drive instead of formatting another drive by mistake, which will erase whole data from partition.
- Format Error: While interfacing external storage device you may get format error which can be fixed by formatting partition.
- Other Reasons: Data may go missing or get deleted from Mac HFS partition/volume due to file system corruption, bad sectors, damaged drive, severe virus attack, and so on.
Striking features of My Undelete software
My Undelete software is specially designed to restore deleted HFS partition. The software has powerful algorithm which scans entire hard drive within few minutes to retrieve deleted HFS partition. Its smart algorithm enables it to identify and recover almost all types of files such as music, audios, video, text file and more. Thus this software can be used to
recover MP3 files without modifying them while HFS partition recovery process. As it follows automated HFS partition recovery process, it does not let you worry about how to recover deleted HFS partition. It instructs user in step by step method to recover deleted HFS partition. With its simple GUI even novice can know how to get back deleted HFS partition as an expert without any prior technical knowledge. It is capable enough to recover data from corrupted as well as from formatted partition.
It easily identifies the erased HFS partition and recovers all the files from it
with the help of its advanced scanning technology. After recovering data from deleted HFS partition, you can preview data prior to save. It makes you free to store recovered data to any storage device or location without any difficulty.
Steps to retrieve deleted HFS partition
Step 1: Download and install My Undelete Tool on your Mac system. Then, launch the software and click on "Recover Volumes / Drives" option.
Step 2: Software will display a list of logical volumes/partitions. Select the Mac
HFS volume from which the data need to be recovered and click on “Next” button.
Step 3: Software starts scanning the selected volume. Once the scanning process is completed, you can view the recovered data using “Preview”option in "File Types View".