Now days, everyone prefers to use laptops because of their portability. All laptops have an internal hard disk like desktop PC’s, which is used to store application, operating system and files. Usually, laptop hard drives are smaller compared to desktop hard drives i.e. laptop hard disks range from 2.0” to 2.5” wide whereas desktop hard disk are 3.5” wide. Normally, files are stored in clusters, which is also known as allocation unit. Operating systems like Windows and DOS manages hard disk files based on clusters. Before storing data on a new hard drive, you need to partition the hard drive then format it. Formatting a hard drive creates the new file system. File system determines the logical structure of the hard drive. Creating partition on a hard drive allows your hard disk to support different types of file systems on different partition. Generally, laptop hard disk is configured as a basic disk like other removable storage devices. Sometimes, due to file system corruption, you may not be able to access the data stored on your laptop hard drive resulting in data loss. So in this situation you can undelete laptop hard disk data using professional third party recovery software.
Factors leading to data loss from Laptop Hard Disk:
- Hard drive partition corruption: Data loss might occur when the partition gets corrupt while trying to install multi operating system in laptop hard disk.
- Unintentional Formatting of Drive: Accidentally formatting the wrong partition. Suppose you have one dynamic drive named music and another as video. You wished to format music partition but by mistake formatted video partition. This scene could lead to huge data loss.
- Reformatting the Drive: When you re-format the drive i.e., changing file system from FAT to NTFS or vice versa. In such circumstances, also there are chances of losing all your files if you do not possess a proper backup.
- Hard drive corruption due to Malware Attack: If the file system gets corrupt by any third party application or some virus like malware, spyware, adware etc. then it results in inaccessibility and data loss from laptop hard disk.
- MBR Corruption: MBR (Master Boot Record) is situated in a first sector of hard drive that tells your system which partition of your hard drive contains Operating system. When the MBR gets corrupted, you may encounter error messages like “Error loading Operating system”, “Invalid partition table” or “Operating system missing”. Once the MBR gets corrupted, it does not allow you to boot your Operating system as a result your data may get inaccessible resulting in data loss.
Take backup of essential data to prevent data loss due to above mentioned scenarios. In such case, if you have already taken backup then you can easily restore lost data. If you have not taken backup then you can use proficient recovery tool to recover lost data from laptop hard disk. If you wish to recover lost data using data recovery tool then don’t write or save anything on your corrupted hard disk because if you save new data over corrupted or formatted laptop hard disk, then it may overwrite the old data resulting in permanent data loss.
File recovery software helps you to recover deleted files from recycle bin after empty on Windows 10 computer. This software supports both FAT and NTFS file system. It also provides Western Digital external HDD recovery & also helps to find missing files from other brands also in a few mouse clicks. This powerful recovery software can recover your data from lost/missing partition, formatted, re-formatted partitions and re-partitioned drives in Windows operating system. It supports all versions of FAT file system i.e., FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32 to recover data. Follow the link to know how you can get back PDF files & other types of files like PPT, word, excel, etc. after accidental deletion. Even it also supports recovery of deleted or lost or corrupted NTFS partitions. It can retrieve data lost from Windows 7 hard disk and also from Windows Vista and Windows XP hard drives. You can try the trial version of this software which is freely available in internet. Once you are satisfied with recovery result, go ahead and purchase the full version of this software. You can later activate the software and then load previously saved recovery session to restore lost files.
Follow the steps given below to undelete laptop Hard Disk data:
Step 1: Download and install the software by selecting the icon from Windows Start->Menu->ALL Programs or by double clicking the shortcut present on the desktop. The main window of the software displays, as shown in Figure 1. Select “Recover Deleted Files” option from the Main windows as shown in Image 1.
Figure. 1 Main Screen
Step 2: The window displays the logical and physical drives, select the logical drive from which you need to recover deleted files from Windows 7 as shown in Image 2 and click “Next”.
Figure. 2 Select Drive
Step 3: Once you click “Next”, the software starts scanning the drive to recover deleted or lost files from the hard disk drive. Once the scanning is completed you can view recovered data using “Data View” or “File Type View” as shown in Image 3.
Figure. 3 Preview Files
Step 4: To save the recovered files, select the files you wish to save or click Root folder to select, all the found data and click “Save”. A window to select the destination location to restore recovered data is displayed as shown in Figure 4.
Figure. 4 Select Destination Location